Friday, May 28, 2010

2 Month Update

We haven't had a chance to take his "official" two month pictures, but I still wanted to post a two month update. We are doing great and enjoying the beautiful weather we are having that replaced the ridiculous humidity we had earlier in the week. Here is what Owen has been up to lately:
  • "Talking" up a storm and figuring out how to do fake squeals and cries (much better than the real thing)
  • Smiling like crazy, I love it! The best is when I go to get him out of bed in the middle of the night or in the morning and he immediately breaks into a huge grin. It makes it so much easier to get out of bed. I wish I could capture it on film to share with all of you.
  • Having a few meltdowns each day for no apparent reason at all. I figured out that stepping outside will sometimes immediately make him stop crying and put him to sleep, it's the craziest thing, I guess he likes the great outdoors. If that doesn't work, a good swaddle with a pacifier and some rocking will usually do the trick. But the few minutes of screaming it takes to get there is heartbreaking.
  • Enjoying daily walks around town with Mom
  • Visiting our friend Clare downtown and going out to lunch to help her kill some time before the baby arrives in just a few short weeks (or less!).
  • Going out to a real dinner at the Yardhouse and being so good that we were actually able to enjoy a few beers outside and feel like real people again.
We go for his 2 month checkup next Friday so I'll post his stats next week. I'm betting he's 10 pounds now.

Here are a few videos from this morning to show his recent activities of running in place and watching his arms and fists fling around. As usual, please ignore my voice, I hate the way I sound on these things.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

baby sneezes are the best!

Aimee said...

Isn't it funny, but walking outside STILL can calm a bedtime tantrum or all-out whining mood! A & L were like that when the were Owen's age too! I love the videos and can't wait for my snuggles with the little guy!

Jacquelyn said...

Im thinking his awesome bedroom decor has something to do with his great love of the outdoors! I love your updates! Let me know when you are visiting Indy!!