Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Great Weekend

We were lucky enough to have my sister Katie and her boyfriend Adam visit us for the weekend. We always look forward to their visits and they never disappoint. Thanks again for coming, we love you guys!!

We kicked off the weekend with a late dinner at Wildfire where we overate and had great food. Saturday we ventured downtown to check out the new Modern Wing at the Art Institute, which is unbelievable (aside from the Clown Torture exhibit, you can just imagine based on the name). I highly recommend a visit. Again, we overate for lunch on amazing Thai food in Wicker Park and did some shopping to walk it off. To be consistent, we headed home and went to dinner at Firkin's, where we again overate and everyone but me enjoyed some great beers. Highlights from Teague on the evening: Unearthly Imperial IPA, fried asparagus, and the spicy pork sandwich.

Teague has been at his CFP review course each day, which goes from 8am-6pm Thursday through Monday (FUN!), so he missed out on some of the weekend's adventures. But, he did have adventures of his own with Carla Gordon, CFP Teacher by day, Cabaret Dancer by night.

I spent my Sunday shopping for maternity clothes since I now am officially huge and my regular pants are getting uncomfortable. I'll take pictures tonight and post when I get back from NJ so you can see for yourselves. They aren't as flattering, but boy are they comfortable! Why can't elastic waistbands always be acceptable??
Looking forward to 3 weeks from now when Teague is done with his test and can shop with me on the weekends, and we know what I'm carrying around!

Since we don't have pictures of the baby to post, here is a great one of Tina for your viewing pleasure!


1 comment:

Kelly said...

First off, you are NOT huge...you just feel that way. I can't wait to see more pictures, the clothes can't be that bad.

Glad you got to spend time with Katie and Adam. I wish we were closer, I could use a weekend in Chicago right about now.