Monday, November 16, 2009

It's A...

Huge Surprise, a BOY! We had the nurse write down what we were having in a card so that we could read it together after we left and weren't 10 feet apart in an uncomfortable room when we heard the news for the first time. This was a great idea in hindsight considering I was shocked by the news! I have thought it was a girl from the beginning, as did 90% of the people in our lives. Apparently my motherly intuition is way off, let's hope it kicks in before the baby is born!

Of course we are super excited and it's almost more fun this way because it is such a surprise. I have only thought through a girl's nursery, girl's names and girl clothes, so I have a lot of work to do! Which of course is fine by me :)
The more important news, he is 100% healthy and it was absolutely amazing to see the pictures of the heart, brain, stomach, kidneys, diaphragm, hands, toes, you name it. If you haven't been to an ultrasound in awhile, it's amazing what they can see. We even saw the blood flowing to all the right places of the umbilical cord, heart and brain. The nurse took 70 pictures and we get 8 of them. Here they are for your viewing pleasure!
Here are some good profile shots and you can see that his knees are bent up to his chest. He was moving around like crazy the whole time and every time the nurse would go to take a picture he'd flip around. Apparently he is already very athletic...and ornery.
Closer profile so you can see his mouth and nose.

This is my favorite picture of his two little feet! They look perfect. I don't know why, but the feet make him seem so real.

More profile shots, you can see his hand in the picture on this one, his knuckles in the top left of the shot. He wasn't sucking his thumb, but his hands kept going up to his face.

His mouth was moving a lot while we were watching him, I think he was saying, "Go COLTS!"

7 comments:

Jacque Thompson said...

YAY!!!! Great post! So happy baby boy is healthy!!! happy for you two!

mamalouise said...

CONGRATS on your big news! Sounds like it was a bit of a shock to you guys but I promise little boys are God's gift to their mommies! Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Unbelievable!!!! Congrats on carrying the Avey name to the next generation. Just a thought......Jeremy Cecilia Avey........?

Nice decision last night Bill Chokealot. GO HORSE.

J. Ash

jenny said...

I'll say it again.. Congrats and i'M so excited for you guys. He's so big already!

Rina said...

OMG! It's a boy! I'm so excited for you two. Hope to see you guys over the holidays. I need to see this baby bump!

Kelly said...

Love the pics! I still can't believe it's a boy. I like the idea of having the nurse write it down. We might have to try that this time. Congrats on the news, so excited for you guys!

techhowgirl said...

So happy to hear the baby is healthy and active. Boys are such fun.