Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Almost 36 Weeks!

I can't believe it's been nearly a month since our last update, where does the time go? For those of you that actually check this often, I apologize for the delay and promise to try and be better. For those of you that only drop by once a month anyway, good timing!


So I will be 36 weeks along on Thursday and we officially have less than one month to go! Unless I go past my due date of course, which I'm predicting will not be the case. No idea why, just a feeling I have.

While I hate this picture and think I look puffy, pale and have flab arms, here you go. We keep forgetting to take pictures and whenever I remember it's at my worst. At least you lets you know how much I'm growing. I'm still right on track when they measure me at the doctor, I went today and was just over 35 inches at just over 35 weeks, which is right where I'm supposed to be they say. I keep telling him he needs to stay under 8 pounds in there, we'll see if he listens. I can feel him moving constantly, which is amazing. He is head-down now and in good position, so the doctor said he should stay that way. I can feel his head and his feet all the time, today he gave me a good kick during our Lamaze class which Teague saw and was excited about. He claimed it was good for at least a 50 yard field goal. His head feels enormous, which makes me nervous. That's how I was which is the reason my mom had to have a c-section with me.

Speaking of enormous heads, here is a great shot of Tina that Teague took this week. Deep in thought...

We had our 4th and final shower this weekend up at Christie and Jerry's house in Michigan. The entire Labor Day crew was there to celebrate with us and we had a great weekend. It was so good to catch up with everyone, especially since we usually only all get together once a year for Labor Day. It's amazing what a great support system we have in this group, we are so grateful for each and every person that was there to support us! Here is a picture of the beautiful spread, we had a delicious (and tearful) lunch that was so much fun.

Here's a picture of the boys heading out for their "man shower" at the Casino and the movies.

Here is one of our favorite outfits from Sally, his first polo shirt! Can't wait to pop the collar on this:

Even after a ridiculous 24 hour stomach flu, I also miraculously made it home for my Fort Wayne shower over Valentine's Day weekend, which I don't have pictures of yet. It was great to see all of my friends there but I'm still sad I missed Jacque's shower and bachelorette party the day before when I was sick. Thanks to my mom and sisters for hosting that shower, it was perfect!
With four showers and a very generous group of friends and family at each, we were blessed to get most of what we need for the baby and the nursery, so this past weekend we went out and bought the little stuff we didn't get yet. We also finished up most of the nursery and will post pictures of that this coming weekend. It's really come together and I love it! It looks pretty good if I do say so myself.
Since I'm always starving lately and also always pretty exhausted, time to grab a snack and head to bed. More posts to come this weekend!





3 comments:

Jacque said...

You look great! I love teagues thinking--- a kicker! Hope this next month is comfortable and as fast or as slow as you want it to be!!!

Love you guys!

Melissa Jo said...

you look great!!! that puffiness will go away don't you fret! ;) and it looks cute on you! youre supposed to be pale and puffy when preg! ;) how is the lamaze class going? we never did one but i always thought it would have been fun! you going au natural?

Annalisa said...

You look great! No way do you look puffy or pale or any of that. You look awesome. Can't wait to see you guys this weekend!