Thursday, March 11, 2010

We are Ready!

Here I am at 37 weeks, aka FULL TERM! How crazy is that? Now that we are so close, it seems like the last 9 months have just flown by. We are really excited to meet the little guy and start this next chapter of our lives, although having another week or two would be nice :) My blood pressure was high again at my appointment on Monday, so my doctor requested that I work "part time" and take it easy until I go back tomorrow afternoon for a recheck. If you know me at all, you know that I don't really do anything "part time", so my boss suggested I work from home to force me to take it a little easier. So I did that yesterday and today and will tomorrow as well, but I can't say that it's helping because I still feel like I have so much work to do. I guess we'll find out tomorrow! Luckily I don't have preeclampsia so it seems like I just have gestational hypertension which can happen at the end of pregnancy. I'm hoping it's not a reason to induce me early but will keep you posted.


The nursery is all ready to go, so here are an excessive amount of photos for your viewing pleasure. The theme is "outdoorsy" and the bear rug that you see was from Teague's nursery and was handmade by his Grandma, how amazing is that? It's definitely one my favorite parts of the room. Next to the Peyton Manning jersey hanging on the miniature coat tree of course :)











13 comments:

Aimee said...

DARLING! The room looks perfect! Hang in there and keep eating--he'll come when he's ready :-) Love you guys!

Jacqcue said...

That room is adorable!!! Love, Love, Love the blue in there! Kudos to Teagues mom for hanging on to that rug. What a nice touch!

Thinking of you and hoping for a comfortable time for you! love ya, jac

jacque said...

Omg- I spelled my own name wrong. Ha!

mamalouise said...

YAY for being full term! Wishing you guys the best...and your nursery is BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE that navy color.

Anonymous said...

Is that a pimp dadddy baby blue golf hat hanging next to the peyton jersey? After seeing the room, I was actually hoping I could be baby avey and live in that room. Awesome pictures of Tahoe, Banff, and Yosemite! Keep us posted! J. Ash

Kelly said...

The room looks great! I love the pictures. Can't wait to see the little guy, only 2 more weeks! Enjoy your last few moments of alone time. Love ya!

Mandy said...

wow, the room looks awesome! love the blue... good work team avey :)

Unknown said...

I was not in the room when my dad saw this but according to my mom he cried a little. I think it was athe rug that sent him over the edge. you two aregoing to be amazing parents and I am super excited to see the wee one.

~Erin

techhowgirl said...

Room looks great. When I saw the bear rug I teared up. Thanks for using it. Grandma Al will be watching over him for sure.

techhowgirl said...

If you didn't know it Techhowgirl is my screen name. Charline/Mom/To be Grandma

Unknown said...

The nursery is beautiful! You two are so creative. :) I am glad you are doing well - can't wait to see pics of Baby Avey!

Melissa Jo said...

it looks awesome! the only thing missing now is the peanut!!!two weeks from today he'll be here!!!! yea!!!!!

Jillian said...

Thanks everyone, so glad you all like the room! And Avey Family, I'm glad you like the rug and even more glad you saved it for all these years, it was definitely the finishing touch we needed to tie it all together.

And yes Jeremy, that is a pimp daddy blue golf hat!